IDSFFK 2013

IDSFFK 2013 : In Search of Destiny, explains Aakash Arun


Destiny’s child Aakash Arun, whose short film ‘In Search of Destiny’ has made it to the competition section of the 6th IDSFFK, talks to metromatinee.com.

Qn: How does it feel to have your movie ‘In Search of Destiny’ screened here?
Ans: I’m very much honoured to have the film screened at a festival like this. ‘In Search of Destiny’ being selected to be screened in the competition section is a double honour.
Qn: Do you think the movie will win the coveted award?
Ans: I’ll leave that to destiny. This is the first time that the movie is being screened anywhere. I’m really happy with the audience response.
Qn: What is the movie all about?
Ans: ‘In Search of Destiny’ set against the backdrop of the holy river Yamuna. It is all about a group of people who eke out a living by diving into the river to gather the coins and valuables immersed there.
Qn: How did the film come about?
It was photography which really took me there. I was on the Yamuna river bank trying to capture some diving when I chanced upon the coin diving men. I was fascinated with what was happening and sensed a story. This was how the film came about.
Qn: How difficult or easy was the filming process?
Ans: It was quite a task since I had to gain the divers’ trust before beginning to shoot. It took me five months to really become one among them. Only then did the actual filming really begin. I was simply destined to make this movie.
Stories keep seeking Aakash Arun. Film happened to this photographer and program producer of Lokh sabha channel. More creative ventures are on the anvil.

Comments